A washing machine can help when you’re struggling with numerous chores and taking care of the baby. However, if you’re in search of the best washing machine for cloth diapers, you may have to look a bit closer. My mom always told me that cloth diapers were a pain to wash, but these specialized machines make it very possible these days.
We’ve compared the attributes suitable for washing cloth diapers and created a list of the top 10 washers. In this article, we’ll review all of them so that you know what each washing machine has to offer along with features, pros, and cons.
Also, if you get confused about the options, use our buying guide to select the most suitable washing machine for you and your baby.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Washing Machine For Cloth Diapers Reviews
- 1. Best Mini Washing Machine: KUPPET Portable Washing Machine
- 2. Best Compact: SUPER DEAL Compact Washing Machine
- 3. Best Full-Automatic: Giantex Full-Automatic Washing Machine
- 4. Best Twin Tub: Think Gizmos Portable Washing Machine
- 5. Best For Small Apartments: Panda Full-Automatic Portable Machine
- 6. Best Versatile: Kenmore Top-Load Washer
- 7. Best Quiet: RCA Portable Washer
- 7. Best For Easy Operation: Speed Queen Top Load Washer
- 8. Best Front-Loader: LG Front Load Washer & Dryer Combo
- 9. Best For Stain Removal: GE Top-Loading Washer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How long should I air dry cloth diapers?
- Final Words
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
10 Best Washing Machine For Cloth Diapers Reviews
We’ve reviewed all the washing machines that deserve your consideration. Take your time to compare the upsides and downsides before getting it.
Make your job easier with a KUPPET washing machine. This machine is perfect for washing small loads, and it’s extremely portable.
- Lightweight and portable
- See-through blue lid
- Environment-friendly paint in the motor
- Separate timer control settings
- Easy to operate
|24.40 Inch x 14.37 Inch x 28.74 Inch
|110v / 60hz
Mini Portable Machine
There can’t be a better washing machine if you live in a small apartment. A machine for cloth diapers needs to be easily portable and lightweight, which is precisely what this one offers.
You’ll get two different tubes for washing and spinning. It makes your washing more convenient and saves your time. You’ll also get separate timers for these two.
It’s a pretty straightforward machine to use. The buttons clearly indicate the functions, and you won’t have to waste time figuring out how to use them. Besides, it’s a top-loading washing machine and you definitely don’t need instructions on how to wash cloth diapers in top loader machines.
- Easy to carry due to its compact size
- Separate timer for washer and spinner
- Drain tube for easily drain the water
- See-through lid for easy monitoring
- It’s only suitable for small loads
2. Best Compact: SUPER DEAL Compact Washing Machine
If you’re considering a washing machine for cloth diapers, it’s better to go for a compact one. You don’t want the machine to block too much of your apartment space. SUPER DEAL offers a compact washing machine that’ll suit you just fine.
- Compact and portable
- Separate timer for washer and spinner
- High-density plastic body
|21.9 Inch x 14.8 Inch x 23.2 Inch
|110v / 240w
Perfect For Cloth Diapers
It’s a compact and extremely portable machine you can use for washing small clothes. It doesn’t block much space. You can easily keep it in your bathroom closet.
There are two different tubs for washing and spinning. The timer settings are also separate for these two. So, it won’t take much time for you to wash your baby’s clothes.
Stable On Bottom
The machine stays evenly stable due to the smart design. This machine’s body is made of heavy plastic that makes it lightweight. The bottom contains the motor that makes it heavier to make sure that the machine stays in place.
- Lightweight body with a heavy bottom for stability
- Separate tubs allow for washing and spinning at the same time
- Drainage tube for easy operation
- See-through cover for monitoring
- The cover plate prevents clothes from being thrown away
- The spinner is a bit noisy
3. Best Full-Automatic: Giantex Full-Automatic Washing Machine
If you can go a bit up on your budget, you can get an excellent full-automatic washing machine. This one comes with many advanced features you won’t find in others. Let’s take a look.
- Eight water level selection
- Ten washing programs
- Stainless steel inner tub
- Automatic drainage with in-built drain pump
- Compact in size
|Plastic, aluminum, and stainless steel
|19.7 Inch x 19.8 Inch x 33.6 Inch
There are multiple wash settings you can choose from. The machine allows you versatility and convenient operation. Unlike many other manual washing machines, you won’t have to monitor it a lot.
One special attribute is the child lock system. If allowed, all the buttons will stop working. In addition, if the lid is opened, the machine will activate an alarm for the parents to know.
Several other benefits will surely draw your attention to this washing machine. It comes with a see-through lid, an LED Display, two water pipes, and an inner tube made of stainless steel.
- Ten wash programs and eight water level help you with precision
- Easy to use with full-automated settings
- Automatic water drainage
- Doesn’t require much space
- High-quality materials
- The hose could have been better
4. Best Twin Tub: Think Gizmos Portable Washing Machine
If you’ve washed diaper in washing machine before, you may know that they require a large amount of detergent. With this machine from Think Gizmos, you won’t need that much. However, that’s not the sole feature of this machine.
- Convenient to operate
- Separate tubs for washing and spinning
- Top-loading washing machine
- Easy to transport
- Comes with a water hose, lint filter, and a manual
|7.9 LBS Washer And 4.4 LBS Spinner
|23.62 Inch x 14.96 Inch x 27.17 Inch
|Black And White
Lightweight Yet Strong
The washing machine doesn’t weigh much. Nonetheless, it’s one of the best washing machines for heavily soiled clothes. One reason is the lint filter which collects debris.
Another plus side of this machine is that you won’t need any extra tools except water and detergent. There’s a clearly written instruction manual translated in multiple languages, a water hose, and a lint filter.
Wash and spin your clothes at the same time using two separate tubs. The settings are pretty straightforward. Besides, you won’t need any pump to drain the machine.
- Complete package includes a machine, lint filter, water whose, and manual
- The machine is pretty convenient to move around due to its lightweight feature
- You can customize the wash settings for a better result
- Easy draining using gravity
- The spinner could have been better
5. Best For Small Apartments: Panda Full-Automatic Portable Machine
Another machine you can consider the best washer and dryer for cloth diapers is this one from Panda. It’s a full-automatic washing machine that you can trust while washing all your clothes.
- Full-automated washing, rinsing, and spinning
- Multiple wash cycles and water levels
- Energy efficient
- Rust resistant inner drum
|Plastic And Stainless Steel
|20 Inch x 19.5 Inch x 34 Inch
|Light Gray And Purple
Because it’s an automatic washing machine, you’re getting multiple washing options. There are also five water levels to adjust the setting depending on the cloth type.
It’s suitable for small apartments. The compact size makes it one of the best washer and dryer for cloth diapers. So, if you want an automatic machine for small loads, there can’t be a better option than this one.
This washing machine’s body is made of plastic to make it lightweight. However, the inner drum is made of stainless steel, making it rust-resistant. It also prevents chipping.
- Top-loading machine with a see-through lid
- Ten wash programs and five water levels for customized cycle
- Automated wash, rinse, and spin cycle
- Perfect for small spaces
- LED display and electronic control
- You can’t add water to the machine manually
6. Best Versatile: Kenmore Top-Load Washer
If you want a comparatively larger washing machine, you can consider this one from Kenmore. It can be a great option if you have a tendency of washing cloth diapers with other clothes.
- 12 wash cycles
- Optimized water levels
- Dents, chips, and corrosion-resistant
- Comparatively faster and more effective
- Advanced spinning
|4.2 Cubic Feet
|27 Inch x 27.5 Inch x 43 Inch
This washing machine is not limited to small laundry loads. So, if you don’t want to spend your money on a machine only for cloth diapers, consider this one from Kenmore. It’s comparatively larger than the ones we already reviewed and comes with better options.
You’re getting twelve different wash cycles to customize your cycles. It also allows you to wash all types of clothes without damaging them. Besides, the optimized water level allows you to wash bulkier loads without any hassles.
High-Quality Wash Basket
The washing machine’s wash basket features stainless steel as its material. So, you can forget about any dents, chips, and rust.
- You can wash various clothes using the same washing machine
- Comparatively larger
- A better spinning operation to dry your clothes faster
- Twelve wash cycles to customize your cleaning routine
- Optimized water levels for bulkier loads
- It doesn’t come with a bell to let you know when the clothes are done washing
7. Best Quiet: RCA Portable Washer
RCA offers one of the best portable washing machines for small apartments. It features two wheels for easier relocations and is extremely lightweight. Let’s see what else you’re getting.
- Low-noise operation
- Compact, lightweight, and portable
- Powerful washing and spinning operation
- Five wash cycles
- Comes with a quick sink connector
|Plastic And Steel
|0.9 Cubic Feet
|16 Inch x 18 Inch x 32 Inch
Small But Powerful
Even though it’s a mini washing machine designed for small apartments, it can do everything like a full-sized washing machine.
This washing machine is particularly suitable for people who can’t stand annoying washing machine sounds. So, if quietness is something you value, consider getting this one from RCA.
- Quiet operation without any annoying noise
- Five different wash cycles for different cloth types
- Easy to relocate with the rollers beneath
- Quick and efficient washing and spinning operation
- The instruction manual could have been better.
7. Best For Easy Operation: Speed Queen Top Load Washer
It’s not possible not to come across Speed Queen when talking about washing machines. If you want a straightforward machine with outstanding results, consider getting this one from Speed Queen.
- Cold, warm, and hot wash
- Stainless steel inner drum
- Top-loading washing machine with agitator
- Compatible with all types of detergent
- Can wash various cloth types
|Plastic And Stainless Steel
|3.3 Cubic Feet
|28 Inch x 25.63 Inch x 42.75 Inch
You can clean all types of clothes in this machine. In addition, you won’t have to worry about using a specific detergent type because it can withstand all detergent types.
Convenient To Operate
There are straightforward knobs you can use to operate the washing machine. Different settings allow you to set the machine according to the fabric type. There are also cold, warm, and hot wash options.
You don’t have to worry about replacing the washing machine anytime soon. Speed Queen washing machine comes with durable materials to keep it running for years.
- Three different timer settings to wash diapers
- High-quality material lasts longer
- Easy to maneuver with knobs
- Perfect for everyday use
- The machine is not water efficient
8. Best Front-Loader: LG Front Load Washer & Dryer Combo
If you don’t want a top-loader washing machine but a front loader, this one from LG is undoubtedly the best.
- ThinQ app control
- Monitor with remote
- Vent-less drying
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
|Plastic And Stainless Steel
|4.5 Cubic Feet
|41.75 Inch x 31.5 Inch x 29.5 Inch
Technology At Its Best
This front loader LG washing machine is enriched with advanced technology. For instance, you can control this machine using the ThinQ app, making it easier for you to do other chores while doing laundry.
In addition, the machine is also compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant for convenient operation.
LG washing machine offers you a noiseless experience when cleaning your clothes. So, if that’s something you value in your washing machine, this is one of the viable options for you.
- It wrinkles your clothes comparatively less than other washing machines
- Energy-efficient and uses less water
- Easy-to-operate control panel
- Convenient to use
- No external venting required
- It’s not a space-saver option
9. Best For Stain Removal: GE Top-Loading Washer
Another fascinating option you can get for cloth diapers is the GE Washer. It has some stunning features you won’t find in any other washing machines.
- Auto soaking feature
- 14 wash cycles
- Quick wash option for lightly soiled clothes
- Dual-action pole agitator
|Plastic And Stainless Steel
|4.5 Cubic Feet
|27 Inch x 27 Inch x 46 Inch
GE combines luxury with an affordable price range. It’s a top-loader washing machine that comes with advanced features. For starters, you’re getting 14 wash cycles for specific cloth types.
The stain removing feature works great for cloth diapers. The linens are auto-soaked prior to washing to clean the cloths with super efficiency. In addition, there’s a quick wash option for lightly dirty clothes if you’re ever in a hurry.
- The stain removal feature is particularly suitable for cloth diapers
- Comes with a glass lid to monitor the whole process
- 14 different wash cycles for specific washes
- Simple and straightforward knob controls
- It’s a bit loud when running
How To Choose The Best Washing Machine For Cloth Diapers?
Washing machines can feature a lot of unique attributes. Users may prefer one over the other, so it all comes down to you. You can choose any option you want as long as it’s suitable for your budget.
You’ll find two types of washing machines- top-loading and front-loading. Both have some pros and cons.
The front-loading machine needs comparatively less water and has more space inside. In comparison, top-loading machines are cost-effective and compact.
Washing machines feature various capacities. It depends on how bulkier your loads are and how much you’re willing to spend on a machine.
Make sure that you’re getting an easy-to-read and comfortable controller with the washing machine.
Some machines are pretty straightforward and don’t come with many wash cycle settings. On the contrary, some have advanced water levels and wash cycles for customized washing.
If you consider the best washing machine for cloth diapers, you don’t want it to be too harsh. Make sure there’s a delicate cycle you can use for your baby’s cloth diapers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should I air dry cloth diapers?
There are two factors to consider- the machine you’re using and the weather. If the machine’s spin cycle is strong enough, it doesn’t take long to dry the diapers. If we’re talking about an average duration, two hours on a sunny day should be enough.
How can I know when the cloth diapers are clean?
After removing the diapers from the machine, check for any foul odor. If it smells urine or poop, give it another wash using more detergent.
Can I wash cloth diapers with liquid detergent?
Yes, you can wash cloth diapers with liquid detergent. However, make sure that the detergent contains any ingredient that can irritate your baby’s skin. For instance, it’s better to avoid one that comes with a fabric softener.
You’ve seen all the washing machines worth considering. Now, it’s up to you to choose the best washing machine for cloth diapers, depending on your preference. Analyze all your criteria about what you want in a washing machine and select the best one among all.
If you’re low on budget, there are some excellent options too. Nonetheless, make sure that you don’t compromise the quality while looking for cheap alternatives.