As a working mother, breast pumping is something that is essential when it comes to taking care of your baby’s health and wellbeing. The Freemie Independence breast pump is one option to get the job done.
Pumping is not easy and take much work. Having equipment issues only adds to Mom’s frustrations.
And we all know happy wife = happy life, so let’s try to keep the problems to a minimum.
However, pumping breast milk without a proper breast pump can be quite a chore. For instance, the wires, tubes, and other components of typical breast pumps are often hazardous and are not hassle-free for moms who are working in field jobs and need to pump breast milk.
On the other hand, portable, hands-free breast pumps are indeed a lifesaver for any mother’s breastfeeding objectives, even if you’re pumping while working or pumping while doing household chores.
The Freemie Independence Breast Pump is one of the greatest breast pumps that a mother can buy on the market today. But you might have certain questions for me about the Freemie Independence Breast Pump.
Hence, in this article, we have tried to outline everything you need to know about pumping your breast using the the Freemie. Hopefully, after reading this article, you will have a clear sense of whether this device is for you or not.
Table of Contents
- Features of Freemie Independence Breast Pump
- Accessories That Come Along
- Using the Freemie Independence Breast Pump
- Maintaining the Freemie Independence Breast Pump
- Advantages of Using the Breast Pump
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Features of Freemie Independence Breast Pump
In this section, we will outline the best features that Freemie independence breast pumps have to offer. So if you are wondering whether this will be the right pump for you, this section can help you make up your mind.
- Customized Options
Moms can customize the Freemie Independence breast pump with ten degrees of medical-grade speed and suction to suit their personal preferences. The speed and suction levels are indicated by tiny light bulbs on the pump. Easy to use.
Once you’ve found the ideal suction and speed setting, you can store the setting by clicking on one of the three memory slot controls. This makes finding the perfect suction much simpler than having to hit a button several times to get to your desired setting. Always a win in my book.
- More Size Options
Given that your nips can vary in size while breastfeeding, the Freemie Independence pump has two flange sizes for individual cups, which can be extremely helpful for mothers who breastfeed more than one child or for extended periods of time.
- Superior Mobility
This breast pump’s main selling point is its ability to grant mobility. The Freemie Independence breast pump motor base has a garment clip that you can use to attach it to anything you are wearing, thus enabling you to move around with it while it does the work and you can focus on your task easily.
Because the Freemie recharges through a micro-USB cable, you may be able to use the same charging cable for your breast pump as well as for your phone or other portable gadgets.
After you have pumped for a while, the very next pumping cycle can begin after around two hours of recharging. The amount of remaining life for the pump is indicated by the LED built-in battery indicator on the bottom of the breast pump.
Accessories That Come Along
The Freemie Independence breast pump contains the following amazing accessories in the box:
- 1 – Freemie Independence Breast Pump
- 2 – Freemie Closed System Cups
- 2 – 25mm Funnels
- 1 – Micro USB Cable
- 1 – Wall Adapter
- 1 – Removable Belt Clip
- 1 – Compact Bag
Using the Freemie Independence Breast Pump
In this section, we are going to help you understand how to properly use the Freemie Independence Breast Pump in order to ensure that the breast milk is pumped in the best way.
Follow the instructions to have a clear idea of how to use it:
- Try to be calm to let your breast milk flow.
- Ensure the nip is in the center to prevent air leaks.
- Stop and check if the nip is aligned inside the breast cup. Moreover, check whether the suction is moderate if your nip stings as you begin to release breast milk.
- You will discover that keeping the sessions brief for the initial days, then progressively lengthening them, is helpful.
- The duration will be quicker if you utilize a dual breast pump kit instead of a single breast pump kit when releasing milk.
- When you feel confident about handling the pump, you should lower the rate of pumping and raise the suction level. Verify that you can still feel comfortable in it.
- After you feel the breast has emptied out, slowly remove the pump.
- You can store the milk at normal room temperature for up to three hours or refrigerate it.
- After pumping the breast milk, ensure that you are cleaning your breast pump thoroughly to avoid germs and bacteria.
Maintaining the Freemie Independence Breast Pump
Maintaining the Freemie Independence Breast Pump properly is highly important. Especially when you are using it regularly.
Without proper attention and care, you may face issues while using the breast pump. For instance, if the device is not take care of, the pumped milk can have germs in them, which is not ideal for your child.
Read these instructions below on how to properly maintain the Freemie Independence Breast Pump, what to avoid, how to clean it thoroughly, and much more.
How To Clean The Breast Pump
To prevent serious problems like leaking, follow these recommendations:
- All parts that came into touch with breast milk should be disassembled and cleaned.
- Parts should be washed by hand in hot water with liquid soap.
- Avoid washing components with other dishes. In other words, wash the pump or its components separately.
- Give each component considerable attention.
- After every use, wash and dry the parts as quickly as you can.
- Store components apart and out of your child’s reach while not in use.
- Freemie Cups should not be kept in the refrigerator as parts could come loose, leak or break.
For additional care of the Freemie Independence breast pump, follow the given instructions:
- To sterilize hard cup pieces, boil them.
- Only clean the tubing or L-connector if it is dirty by washing it in incredibly hot water and only using it once it is totally dry. Additionally, never use soap water to clean the L-Connector or the tube.
- If the Y-connector is dirty, wash it in hot soap or detergent, and then give it a thorough rinse.
- A microwave bag, dishwasher, or steam sterilizer should not be used on any components of the breast pump.
- UV should never be used directly on the breast pump.
- Keep the breast pump parts away from high temperatures and cold temperatures.
- Avoid using abrasives or brushes that can damage the parts.
Advantages of Using the Breast Pump
The Freemie Independence Breast Pump has undeniably amazing benefits.
And to acquaint you with what those special benefits are, we have listed down the possible advantages you can experience when using this breast pump.
- Easy to Use
The Freemie Independence Breast Pump enables you to have a convenient hands-free pump. In other words, you can pump your breast milk without tubes very easily.
The cups replace the bottles and flanges on your compatible pump. Hence, allowing you to use it anywhere and anytime while wearing any type of clothing.
At the office or at home, you can pump breastmilk at your desired time and be tension free.
The Freemie Independence breast pump contains ultra-comfortable cups with a single or double pump. This enables you to pump breast milk. Up to eight ounces of breastmilk can fit in each cup.
It is portable and convenient. You can simply follow the instructions given within the breast pump kit and reap its benefits wherever you go.
- Safe To Use
In addition to being one of the first breast pump cups to be patented, this breast pump is composed of medical-grade plastic that is safe for use with meals.
Therefore, while using it, you will not have to worry about issues regarding breast milk pumping or whether it will be able to store the breast milk or not.
Some parents have complained the components are expensive.
Others have mentioned cleaning can be difficult at times.
If you have read this far, you should know how easily you can pump milk for your baby using the Freemie Independence breast pump. From the features it has to offer to how to maintain the breast, you have just learned everything there is to know about this superb device.
Now we hope you will be able to decide whether this pump will be the best fit for you. Moreover, once you get the pump, the knowledge you just gained today should help you reap the full benefits of this pump, especially when on the move.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Is the Pump Medical Grade?
Mothers can customize the Freemie Independence breast pump’s 10 degrees of medical-grade speed and suction to suit their personal preferences. The speed and suction levels are indicated by tiny lightbulbs on the pump.
How Long Can I Pump Every Day?
The Freemie Independence breast pump’s working duration is described as the typical anticipated utilization of a maximum of three twenty-minute pumping cycles each day for twelve months. The Freemie collecting kit has a sixty-day operational life.
How Often Should I Replace the Parts?
To preserve suction, don’t forget to switch your cup valves once every three months. You should also occasionally re-boil the cup’s hard pieces to keep them tightly fitted.
To keep your Freemie in prime shape, keep it away from dishwashers, abrasives, and steam bags. Also, avoid keeping it at high temperatures as it may impact the Freemie Independence Breast Pump.