Like with everything else these days, the costs of throwing a baby shower has only increased. However, remember that the mom to be will also be getting gifts that have increased in price, so there is a bonus to the parents. Now, that does not help the people paying for the shower, but perhaps having multiple people split the cost will keep costs in check.
Here is a breakdown by topic that can help answer your baby shower questions:
Table of Contents
- How much does a baby shower cost?
- Factors of expense that you need to consider while arranging a baby shower:
- How to plan a baby shower in a cheaper way?
- How to plan a luxury baby shower?
- Who should pay for the baby shower?
- Where can I host a baby shower for free?
- Can I invite men to a baby shower?
- Generally, who gets an invitation for the baby shower parties?
- How can we make the baby shower more fun within the budget?
- Final thoughts
How much does a baby shower cost?
In short, the answer depends on your plans. A traditional and typical baby shower will cost $100- $2000. But if you want to do something different, then you have to spend money according to your plan. It depends on the arrangements and the number of guests.
This is not the only thing you should know about baby showers. There is more to know about this exciting function. Today, we will share how much it will approximately cost, how to arrange, and the ancient history behind this ceremony. So let’s get started!
How much does a baby shower cost?
Typically a traditional baby shower will cost $100-$2000. Generally, a baby shower is celebrated with some snacks and 15-50 guests. It is a girly and home function. But the cost mostly depends on your arrangements. It will depend on the way you are celebrating the baby shower.
A baby shower can be held in various ways. The preparations and arrangements depend on the number of guests. If you are celebrating a big party with more than 50 people, it will cost nearly 500 bucks. How much to spend on a baby shower party actually depends on your choice.
A baby shower can be held with a minimal amount of money as well. It is not a function which has to be celebrated with huge arrangements. You can celebrate it as your ability. If you want to have a small party with just family and friends, then it won’t cost much. If you want to arrange the party with 10-15 people, you can make it happen within $100.
You can simply make some snacks and invite your closest persons. This way, you will be able to celebrate a baby shower with just a little amount of money. Happiness will come with a small party too! But with a big crowd, you need to count extra costs.
Factors of expense that you need to consider while arranging a baby shower:
Before you decide on how much does a baby shower cost, you should know that your cost will depend on a few factors. If we consider every detail about each factor we can figure out how much will cost in each factor of the baby shower party.
Now we are going to share the factors and the approximate cost for each of those:
At first, you have to think about the location where you can celebrate the baby shower party. You can arrange the baby shower party at home. Besides, you can celebrate the party at a restaurant or club. You can also celebrate the party at a public place like a park. The expense will vary from place to place.
- Cost: if you celebrate the party at home then you don’t need any money for the accommodation. But if you want to celebrate the party in a restaurant or club then you have to keep 5 percent of your budget for the location.
We consider a party by the looks of it. Decoration makes the presentation of the party great. We keep flowers, balloons, and other stuff which make the decoration in this factor. And to be on the budget, we have to consider the expenses on decoration as well.
- Cost: This section requires another 3-5 percent of your whole budget on average. But if you plan something different than regular decoration then that can cost more. Especially if you want to decorate the accommodation in a theme by a planner, it will take 10-15% of your budget.
Generally, a traditional baby shower party contains 10-15 guests. But if you want to arrange a co-ed baby shower then the list of the guests can be extended to 40-50 persons. You can use invitation cards to invite people or simply you can send a mail for inviting them.
- Cost: 8% of your overall budget will go for invitations. But if you choose to send emails to the guests then no portion of the expense won’t be reserved for inviting.
Flowers are the most important part of a baby shower party. You can use artificial flowers for decorating your party. But if you choose lilies or any other decorative flowers then your party will also bloom with the flowers. Another way is arranging paper flowers. You can make DIY flowers for decorating your party.
- Cost: on average 5 percent of the money of whole budget flowers demand. But there are many kinds of flowers in the market. You can choose according to your choice. Moreover DIY flowers just cost a very little amount for the papers.
If you hold a party at home then you won’t feel the need for furniture. But if you hold a party in a restaurant or a club then you need to arrange furniture in rent.
- Cost: this section also requires 5 percent of the whole budget.
Food is a must at a baby shower party. Most often we arrange light snacks and soft drinks for a baby shower party. But nowadays many people arrange dinner or lunch also.
- Cost: the food arrangement requires the biggest part of the whole budget. Almost 40% of the money goes for food arrangements. Also, the cost of the desert isn’t included with food. Desert also requires 5 percent money of the whole budget.
We can consider various dancing, singing programs, and games in this section. You can arrange a lot of entertainment tasks to make the baby shower even more fun than traditional baby shower parties.
- Cost: This section requires almost 15% of your overall budget. You can make it less by avoiding some unnecessary programs.
How to plan a baby shower in a cheaper way?
How much money you need to plan your baby shower part depends on your choice. Generally, a baby shower party requires 100$- 1000$. But if you want to arrange a party which will be cheap then you can keep a budget of 300$.
For having a cheap baby shower party you can consider reducing your arrangements in every section. Instead of avoiding any section, it would be better if you do everything but in simple ways.
Here are some tips for spending less money in each section of a baby shower party:
Instead of holding the party in a fancy restaurant or club, arrange the party at home. You can also arrange the party at a public park. This way the cost of hiring a place can be saved.
Search online for decorative items at the lowest price. Also if you decorate the party with DIY items then a lot of money will be saved. Mostly, you can try to use paper to decorate your party.
Avoid expensive invitation cards. You can use DIY ideas for making cards in cheaper ways. But the most useful way is to send emails to the guests. This way you will have to spend zero money on invitations.
- Flowers & Balloons
Flowers cost a lot. You can make paper flowers to save money. Also, you can collect flowers from those flower gardens where flowers are open and free. If you avoid expensive flowers then a lot of money can be saved.
On the other hand instead of buying a whole package of balloons, buy a few balloons of every color. This way you don’t have to buy expensive packs of balloons.
- Food & Drinks
Avoid expensive foods. Instead of ordering or buying food from outside get cooking. You should also avoid caterers. Cook some snacks using fruits, cheese, and crackers. You can arrange coca-cola and Fanta for drinks. This will be much cheaper than other expensive drinks.
If you want a cheap baby shower then avoid all the entertainment ideas. Just arrange sound speakers to play music.
If you follow these instructions we think you will be able to arrange a baby shower at a very little amount.
How to plan a luxury baby shower?
Baby showers have been celebrated for eras. For making the baby shower more fun and memorable, you can pick some ideas. Now I want to help you to pick those ideas to arrange a luxury baby shower.
- Choose a great fancy restaurant where you can arrange your party. The restaurant owner will decorate the restaurant beautifully if you book the restaurant.
- Buy beautiful stuff for decorating the place where you are arranging the baby shower party. Proper decoration will make your party look fabulous. You can call an event organizer to decorate your party properly.
- Arrange different kinds of games in the baby shower function. You can arrange some games such as musical chairs, bottle games, whispering games and so on. This way your party will be more fun.
- We can’t think of a party without music. So for making the baby short party more fun we should arrange a good music system. You should call a DJ so that your party becomes great.
- You can also arrange a dance program at a baby shower party to make your party more fun. Calling professional dancers will make your party even more fun.
- Be creative with the food. It’s better if you call a professional and renowned cook for cooking for that function. Keep varieties of foods at that function.
- Photos are important for keeping memories of such an important function. So call a photographer for capturing beautiful moments of that day.
These were some ways for making your baby shower party favorite of all. You can also arrange other stuff for decorating that special day. If you arrange the baby shower party by following these steps definitely your party will be considered a luxury party.
Who should pay for the baby shower?
Generally, the host pays for the baby shower party. The person who throws the party for the mother and the baby pays all the expenses for the baby shower party. A traditional baby shower party happens by this rule.
Usually, the woman who is the closest person to the mother arranges the baby shower party.
But if she wants she can divide the responsibilities and other family members or relatives can pay for the baby shower party as well. If you arrange a co-ed baby shower then the father can also pay for the baby shower party.
Where can I host a baby shower for free?
After knowing how much does a baby shower cost, you might think of the location. If you have enough money to reserve a place for arranging the baby shower then you can hold the party at any place. But if you want to arrange a party with a very little amount then you do need some ideas for selecting the location where you can celebrate the baby shower party free.
There are some places where you can celebrate the baby shower party for free instead of spending a lot of money on a fancy restaurant or club.
- Home: If you want to spend zero money on the location then you should arrange the party at home. You can decorate the home just in the ways you desire in this case.
- Garden: If you celebrate the baby shower party in the garden of yours then you don’t have to spend money on extra flowers and accommodation. The garden is the most ideal place for celebrating the baby shower party.
- Park: A public park won’t charge any money if you celebrate the baby shower party there. Moreover, you will be able to use a huge area for celebrating the party peacefully and joyfully.
- Beach: A beach can be a very suitable place for celebrating a baby shower party. You can feel nature and you will feel amazing during the ceremony. Moreover, you won’t have to spend a single dollar for having this beautiful location.
These are some places where you can celebrate the party without spending a single penny. You can also find some other places nearby by searching online. If you become successful in saving the money for the location then you can arrange the cheapest yet greatest party ever.
Can I invite men to a baby shower?
The baby shower is a girly function. Some women of the family and some women friends gather to celebrate a baby shower. If we follow the tradition of celebrating a traditional ceremony, men are not allowed in the baby shower.
While women remain busy with baby shower parties, men have diaper parties to celebrate their fatherhood. But if you want to make the father and other men a part of that function, you have to forget traditional morals. You can arrange a co-ed baby shower.
Co-ed baby showers are a way to make men a part of the traditional baby shower parties. In a co-ed baby shower party, men can also join the baby shower party. These types of parties are different from ancient ones.
The concept of co-ed baby showers was invented in recent years. Nowadays people think fathers and other men should get the chance of enjoying this kind of interesting function. So they created this thing, which is different from a traditional baby shower.
Generally, who gets an invitation for the baby shower parties?
In ancient and traditional baby showers, only some women who are family members or close enough used to get an invitation. This function used to be a very private function with a few women. But nowadays, the concept has changed.
If you want to celebrate the traditional baby shower, then you can celebrate it with a few women: just the family members and closest friends. But if you’re going to make this function huge, then you can do something different.
Nowadays, a baby shower is considered to be an excellent opportunity for a family get-together. Also, people from work or outside who are close enough are invited to a baby shower party. People celebrate this occasion with a huge gathering.
Who is going to be invited to your party depends on your choice. If you choose to celebrate a traditional ceremony, then the number of people should not be more than 15-40. If you are not, then your list is going to be according to your choice.
How can we make the baby shower more fun within the budget?
Baby showers have been celebrated for eras. People celebrate baby showers in various ways. For making the baby shower more fun, you can pick some ideas. Now I want to help you to select those ideas.
- games: Arrange different kinds of games in the baby shower function. You can arrange some games such as musical chairs, bottle games, whispering games and so on. This way, your party will be more fun. If you play freehand, then you won’t need any extra cost too.
- Music: We can’t think of a party without music. Sofa making the short baby party more fun we should arrange a good music system. If you are arranging a huge party, then you should call a DJ. Usually, you might have to spend nearly 100 for a DJ party.
- Dance: You can also arrange a dance program at a baby shower party to make your party more fun. A dancing machine can be a great choice which will cost only $60-100.
- Co-ed: Arrange a co-ed baby shower to make the party more active. This way, the father and other men will be able to attend the baby shower party.
- Photos: Photos are essential for keeping memories of such an important function. So call a photographer to capture beautiful moments of that day. A usual photographer will charge nearly 200 for covering the function.
These were some ways for making your baby shower party favorite of all. You can also arrange other stuff for decorating that particular day. The arrangements won’t cost much if you think wisely.
Now we think you have gotten the answer to the question: How much does a baby shower cost? You are always free to make your baby shower party your own choice. There are no restrictions. The party depends on your planning and arrangements.
Baby showers are worth being celebrated with pomp. Baby showers can be an excellent opportunity for making the special day for the mother the brightest for a while.
Now you know a lot of things about this momentous occasion. We hope this information will help you to arrange a great party for the ones you love. Make sure to sort out the budget and to-do’s first!